If you have the experience and character to be responsible for all general accounting and bookkeeping functions—including the preparation of financial statements, and establishing and maintaining the organization’s accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives—then, you might be a good candidate for this job.
- Preparing the trial balance and financial statements, including, but not limited to, balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows.
- Executing accounts payable and accounts receivable tasks, such as collections.
- Following progress of fixed assets to prepare depreciation schedules.
- Maintaining historical records by filing documents.
- Reconciling bank and general ledgers, and processing payroll.
- Ensuring correct and punctual monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Studying and implementing federal, state, and local legal requirements; filing reports; and communicating with management on needed actions.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Accounting or Business
- QuickBooks certified
- Prior payroll experience
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
- Experienced in accrual and cash basis of accounting
- 3+ years’ experience minimum in the bookkeeping field
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to changes in procedures and assignments
- Highly capable of analyzing financial data and quickly creating accurate reports
- Strong organization skills
- Proficiency in accounts payable
- Comprehensive knowledge of full charge bookkeeping
- Foundational knowledge in accounts receivable